Friday, April 6, 2007

Health Update

The doctors in Singapore were very good. I like the Infectious Disease doctor, he reminds me of Bell Yung, one of the ethnomusicology professors in Pittsburgh...very smart, professional, nice.

All of the blood tests/x-rays were either within normal range, or almost back to normal. So the doctor says whatever I had is gone. I asked him if that's the case, how come I keep getting sick? (Every couple of days I feel ill). He said I just need to rest more, because if you get a variety of tropical diseases at one time, than it takes the body several months to recover. So I'm taking vitamins now to boost my immunity and drinking tons of water. I'm off all my former medication, and trying to keep things simple. So now I just have to go back for a few more check-ups and can concentrate on being a tourist in Singapore.

I'm so excited to be on the mend and get back to work!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Does this mean your rash is gone as well? No measles?

Indochick said...

Measles gone...dermatologist confirmed and everything. I did just shed my skin...like the snake that I am, so its all a bit new and sensitive. Course, I'm trying to combat this with a tan! :)

sherijberi said...

And what you had was??? And your not going to get these diseases again nor bring them back to the USA?