Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Bananas

Ok, Ok, so I got sick, whoopdy-do! Sorry for harassing you with all these tales of bodily ailments! I mean, I write these things to entertain, but really, all I’m doing is whining about being sick in Indonesia for two months.

I did eat a banana today, which was interesting. Well, no, the act of masticating wasn’t interesting, but the banana did have an interesting name. They have like a zillion different types of bananas here, and it always amazes me that people can instantly tell them apart. This one was called “Pisang Raja Cerai.” The king of divorce banana. Now how do you even earn a name like that? Especially when you’re a fruit?!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHAHAH!!! The King of Divorce. HAHAHAHA!!! [wiping tears] That's one NAUGHTY banana. I wouldn't have put that thing in my mouth if I were you!

Drekey Rodriguez said...

Dorcinda! umm. I agree that that is a strangely-titled banana.

1 - What's your email - still the old hotmail, or a new one?

2 - I don't think I am coming for the USIndo program, but I still want to visit - a 2-wk vacation maybe (and of course, a possible travel story). What's the best way to get in touch?

3 - I've started a webzine (CriticalSass.com) and I might want to repurpose some of your very well-written blog posts as a Letters from Indonesia column. What do you think?

Email me! It's good to see you back on the web..

jazzviolão said...

whoopdy-do? you are the official queen of understatement. please invite me to your coronation.

sherijberi said...

Is Dorcinda okay?

Indochick said...

1) But the banana was sooo yummy, Ron!
2) Awesome Dietrich! You will have a very excited tour guide. More people should come. And course I agree...that way I can be known as Indonesian travel blogger way before I am known as an ethnomusicologist!
3)I will be happy to add that to my former title you gave me: Queen of Procrastion
4)Yes, I'm in Singapore! But behind on my blog. :(