Thursday, December 7, 2006

Dunia Salju

So, the question arises, what do you exoticize when you live in a tropical paradise? Snow!!! One of my friends, who used to tutor me in Bahasa Indonesia, Nanik, also just moved to Bandung, so we did what typical Indonesians do and met up at the Bandung Super Mall (BSM). However, the BSM is also the current site of a traveling exhibit called “Dunia Salju” (the world of snow). Curious, we decided to check it out. It was essentially a big room, with ice sculptures and mini igloos. What you’re supposed to do, is go inside and appreciate being freezing. Personally, I think it’s slightly crazy myself. Once I couldn’t feel my face anymore, I was ready to go. But Nanik was really excited about the feeling, which was actually really cute. So we stayed a long, long…long time. It was ok though, once I had resigned myself to frostbite. They had ice-slides to go down. I showed the pictures to Fauzan, the most recent five year old kid I have taken to terrorizing, and he is really excited to go. So, I think I’m in for double-cold duty.

No comments: